Mux / Demux Systems
DMD-A is XKL’s DarkStar Mux/Demux featuring integrated amplification and protection switching options. As with the rest of the XKL product line, the DMD-A is based on XKL’s DarkStar architecture, the foundation for addressing today’s IT challenges and scalable growth.
The DMD-A offers an array of optional integrated features for optimal network flexibility and manageability. It aggregates and provides monitoring capabilities for a mix of 1G through 400G technologies, resulting in greater control and scalability.
The DMD-A provides a variety of filter options including 48-channel or 96-channel Mux/Demux with 4-band or 6-band filter, all of which allow for point-to-point or east/west configurations. There is support for up to four Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFAs) and 1 Raman Amplifier, depending on other installed options.
The DMD-A also includes an integrated optical switch for path protection, as well as Dispersion Compensation Modules (DCMs). DCMs are passive, Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) based filters that provide the necessary dispersion compensation for any customer fiber type, and are typically required for transmission systems using direct-detect transceivers.
The DMD-A can serve as an integral part of an XKL network solution or can inter-operate with any optical networking equipment that utilizes the standard ITU grid with 50GHz or100GHz channel spacing.
Along with reduced power consumption, the DarkStar Mux/Demux is compact in size—available in either 1 rack unit (1U) or 2 rack unit (2U) configurations. Easy to integrate and operate, there is no need for specialized optical engineers to ensure network optimization.
- Zero cost software updates.
- No licensing fees.
- Simplicity, reliability, durability.
- Highly scalable solutions.
Integrated System Architecture:
- Fully integrated optical components including DWDM Mux/Demux filters, EDFAs, Raman amplifiers, Optical Protection Switch, OTDR, Dispersion Compensation Module (DCM), and Optical Service Channel (OSC)
System Level Features:
- Hot-swap components:
- 1+1 redundant power supplies, supports AC and DC.
- Redundant fans.
- Laser transceivers: C-Band Tunable SFP+, QSFP+, and Optical Service Channel (OSC).
- Field-replaceable dual flash storage modules; one is write-protected.
- Hitless software upgrades—no customer data loss.
- System-wide watchdog timer to ensure software response.
Lean On Us
Contact us today for a free consultation with top level engineers who will architect a solution before you buy.