The DQM100 comes with either one or two 100G DWDM channels, each of which employs a tunable 100Gbps coherent CFP transceiver. These systems enable customers to soft-configure the aggregation of 10G Ethernet services. The DQM100 is an optical appliance, and as such, includes optical amplifiers and channel filters fully integrated and pre-configured at the factory.
DQM100 systems are ready to grow up to 36 channels with the addition of a DarkStar DMD Mux/Demux. The DQM100 solution includes a powerful aggregation scheme based on statistical multiplexing. This approach to data aggregation optimizes channel utilization, provides bandwidth shaping controls, and gives the customer complete control over their data transport.
Under the instantaneous demands of real-world internet traffic, statistical multiplexing leverages the statistics of real-time demand, allowing many more users to transmit their data packets over a shared channel than would normally be the case if a static aggregation approach, such as time-division multiplexing, were employed.
As a result, statistical multiplexing can help lower the cost of building and maintaining an optical network. DQM100 systems install in under an hour and are available in 1 rack unit (1U) or 2 rack unit (2U) configurations.
A typical DQM100 (i.e.,1 port) uses 164 watts of power. The DQM100 is a DWDM appliance. As such, network administrators can deploy and commission these systems in a fraction of the time it takes to deploy traditional optical transport equipment. Setting up the management network, as well as configuring services, are done in minutes.
All the complexities of building an optical network are handled by the DQM100 system, leaving network administrators with confidence in their deployments.
- Zero cost software updates.
- No licensing fees.
- Simplicity, reliability, durability.
- Highly scalable solutions.
Integrated System Architecture:
- DWDM Mux/Demux filter.
- Statistical multiplexing.
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation.
- Soft-configured weighted round-robin priority scheduler.
- Maximizes channel utilization with no wasted bandwidth.
System Level Features:
- 1+1 redundant power supplies, supports AC and DC.
- Redundant fans.
- Laser transceivers: QSFP+, and Optical Service Channel (OSC).
- Field-replaceable dual flash storage modules; one is write-protected.
- Hitless software upgrades—no customer data loss.
- System-wide watchdog timer to ensure software response.
Lean On Us
Contact us today for a free consultation with top level engineers who will architect a solution before you buy.