“A three-fold reduction in footprint and fiber usage provides measurable cost savings while reducing management complexity”
XKL LLC, a leading designer and manufacturer of layer 1, optical transport systems, has announced the full release of its DQM400, 4-port optical muxponder system, now available for all markets. This easy to install 4-port system was engineered for network operators, to make it easier and faster to scale while providing cost-saving opportunities. The XKL muxponder, which offers the added capability of combining multiple services into a single wavelength, will be showcased at the North American Network Operator’s Group meeting, at NANOG 88 between June 12-14, 2023, in Seattle, WA.
XKL understands that network operators and IT teams spend much of their time dealing with network downtime and managing complex network infrastructures while under increasing threat from security attacks, all of which are challenging and time-consuming. Any disruption in network availability can lead to productivity loss, revenue impact, and customer dissatisfaction for your business. XKL’s DQM-400 system simplifies moving data over fiber, consolidating capabilities while alleviating unnecessary complexities.
Key benefits of XKL’s DQM-400 system for network operators include:
- Unprecedented Ease of Use, installs and deploys in a matter of minutes
- Reliability, systems are designed for continuous and uninterrupted data transmission. Many of XKL’s systems have operated for over ten years of continuous uptime
- Cost Efficiency and Return on Investment (ROI), the system’s power-efficient design reduces energy consumption and lowers operational costs. Network operators can achieve a rapid ROI and generate substantial cost savings in the long term.
- Optimal Fiber Utilization, leveraging transmission over multiple wavelengths provides unmatched flexibility and adaptability to changing network requirements.
- Bandwidth scalability, without the need for additional physical infrastructure, empowering operators to meet the ever-growing demand for data transmission and future-proof their networks.
- Improved Data Security, the systems are designed with the control plane fully separated from the user data plane.
- Simplified Network integration, enabling ease of use with a customers’ existing network equipment and network management systems, streamlining integrations while centralizing management and operations support.
“At XKL we are dedicated to introducing new technologies and solutions that empower network operators with innovative solutions that are designed with ease and network best practices in mind,” comments Len Bosack, CEO of XKL. “Our Layer 1 DWDM systems enable operators to meet the challenges of today with the flexibility to meet the future head-on. With unprecedented bandwidth expansion, scalability, and enhanced security, we are confident that this technology will bring enhanced value to our customers and the industry as a whole.”
The DQM400-4 is part of the XKL suite of products and is based on the modular XKL DarkStar architecture. Drawing on the technical expertise of XKL Founder Len Bosack, the DarkStar suite offers next-generation technology, based on today’s best practices for optical networking and capacity management. The muxponders can be used for 100G services today and are soft configurable for 400G to support ever-increasing data and bandwidth demand. The XKL suite is easily integrated into existing networks, and with a distributed architecture, capacity can be added seamlessly and as needed.
XKL products are backed by top-of-the-line service and support, offering the flexibility to utilize 100G and/or 400G services with no licensing fees.